[ptx] Re: [Gqview-users] PgDn no longer scrolls a page at a time

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Wed Mar 2 15:04:20 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 16:42 -0600, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> I really would like that behavior back tho... seemed to make eminent sense.
> :) (unless someone can suggest an even better way to do things, which is
> likely possible).
I actually appreciate the trend of gqview behaving the same way no
matter where I got the focus. I found it quite disturbing not to be able
to zoom/scroll via the keyboard if the focus was not on the picture
itself. And setting the focus to the picture was difficult, as a click
into the picture area advanced to the next picture already. Moving the
focus by TAB is also not that convenient as you don't really get visual
feedback when you reached the picture frame.

But if scrolling up/down by "pages" is really necessary, maybe a [SHIFT|
CTRL|ALT]-[PgDwn|PgUp] might make sense? It could be implemented with a
similar behavior as say Mozilla/Firefox to have people get used to it
quickly...

HaJo
--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>