[ptx] autopano-sift and amd64

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Thu Jun 30 17:40:57 BST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 09:24 am, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm tying to build all is needed for my workflow on an mad64 with a 64
> bit OS (Debian, linux 2.6.11).
>
> I managed to build hugin and enblend but autopano-sift is missing.
>
> I've the following error:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/src/panorama/autopano/autopano-sift-2.3/src/util/autopano-win32
>' mcs   -main:autopano_sift_winGUI.Form1 \
>          -r:System.dll -r:System.Data.dll -r:System.Drawing.dll \
>          -r:System.Windows.Forms.dll -r:System.Xml.dll \
>          -r:ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll \
>          -r:../../libsift.dll \
>          -target:winexe -out:autopano-win32.exe \
>          -resource:Form1.resx,autopano_sift_winGUI.Form1.resx
> -resource:FormProcess.resx,autopano_sift_winGUI.FormProcess.resx \
>          AssemblyInfo.cs ../Autopano.cs ../BasicImagingInterface.cs
> Form1.cs FormProcess.cs ../GUIImage-Drawing.cs
> Form1.cs(43) error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ErrorProvider'
> could not be found in namespace `System.Windows.Forms'
> Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
> make[2]: *** [autopano-win32.exe] Error 1
>

> Any clue ?
>
> Regards
>
> Jean-Luc

There is a problem getting autopano-sift to build on amd64 machines and as far
as I know all attempts will fail when the build gets to autopano-win32.exe.
The good news is that you really don't need to build autopano-sift.   Since
the code is .net code it is not machine specific and is the same no matter
what hardware you are running it on.  All you need to do is grab the .exe
files that are in the tar ball and copy these to where ever you want to have
them installed (for example /usr/local/bin).

Hal