[ptx] 2 bugs in 0.5 RC1

Vladimír Jícha jicha at centrum.cz
Thu Jun 23 00:26:24 BST 2005

Hello,
I found 2 errors in the latest Hugin release - 0.5 RC1. The first one
shouldn't be a big problem. After creating control points using
autopano.exe v1.03, I get an error which can be seen on the attached
picture. I got it on 3 computers, 2x WinXP, 1x Win2k. I didn't try other
versions of autopano. Anyway the control points are added correctly and
everything works as expected.
The other problem is more likely a stupid bug it is quite serious. The
last version that works for me is 0.5 beta2. In all newer versions if I
choose as an output "high quality TIFF file", Hugin doesn't work. It
creates the needed .TIFF files, but it deletes them just before
executing Enblend. Enblend then crashes because it cannot find source
files. If I use as output multiple TIFF files and then use Enblend
manualy, everything works fine. Also it works in 0.5 beta2 as I
mentioned before. Again I tried this on more machines with Windows.
And in the end I have one question. Is it possible to use Hugin to get a
picture with a higher dynamic range by blending together more pictures
with different exposition? I tried it but I wasn't successful. Is it
possible or do I have to use Photoshop or GIMP to blend the pictures
together?

Thank you and best regards,
Vlada