[ptx] [ hugin-Feature Requests-1223525 ] some ideas

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 19 10:10:22 BST 2005

Feature Requests item #1223525, was opened at 2005-06-19 02:10
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=550444&aid=1223525&group_id=77506

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Dear developers,

I like hugin very much and I use it quite frequently. I
am just a software-user, so perhaps I can contribute
one or two nice ideas...

a) Let me sort images (helpful for the ctrl-points tab)

b) Ctrl-pts tab: add a button to get with ONE click
from the combination for pictures eg. 3 (left) and 4
(right) to 4 and 5 (shift BOTH by one click).

c) Improve the manual: there are still some (really
cool) features that I can't use as I don't understand
them or because I don't know of them. Sometimes there
are just short tooltips but no detailed help.
Tutorials are good and I like them, but some are very
old so I don't know how much of them still applys.

d) Correct the download-instructions for windows at
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/ as they confused
me: Enblend's version is 2.3 and and hugin's problems
with it seem to be resolved. And I am not sure about
downloading other files (like pano12.dll) or not.

e) A tutorial (better: manual) about lens settings
would be every helpful. Do the lens settings apply to
my individual lens or to every say Canon II 50mm 1.8
(users could then share the settings for popular lenses
then)?

f) Add a progressbar for the overall progress of the
stitchingprogress. It takes quite longs and I don't
know what hugin does so this would be very nice to
have. Right now there are 10 sub-progressbars, but just
one for all of them would be more meaningful.

g) When zoomingin in the Control-points tab, windows
should center the new sector on the new window on the
center of the old window (and not, as now, keep the old
absolute position). [Uff, my English, did you get it?]

h) There could be a button for the Ctrl-points table
(F3) in the Ctrl-points tab or the Optimizer tab.

Anyway, I really love this software and am happy that
you programmers did and do such a good job and let
everybody (me included) benefit from your wonderful
hobbie! Thanks,
Thomas Steiner

e9826064 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at