[ptx] panoglview from cvs - core dump

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 12:29:46 BST 2005

--- Rich <rich at hq.vsaa.lv> wrote:

> douglas wilkins wrote:
> > --- Rich <rich at hq.vsaa.lv> wrote:
> >
> >>btw, i decided to compile panoglview myself, too, but i could not get it
> >>even to configure.
> >>
> >>bootstrap output :
> >>
> >>./bootstrap
> >>/usr/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of
> >>XMMS_TEST_VERSION
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >>/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of
> >>AM_PATH_AALIB
> >
> > These warnings are not that important
>
> yep, they seemed as so, but it's better to include all information
> available :)
>
> >>aclocal:configure.in:48: warning: macro `AM_PATH_WXCONFIG' not found in
> >>library
> >>aclocal:configure.in:50: warning: macro `AM_PATH_WXCONFIG' not found in
> >>library
> >
> > This is the critical one. AM_PATH_WXCONFIG is found in wxwin.m4
> > Is this file in /usr/share/aclocal ?
> > Have you installed the -devel packages of wxWindows?
>
> i compiled 2.6.0 from source (it's slackware ;) )
> wxwin.m4 is in /usr/local/share/aclocal
>
> of course, i could symlink it and then hunt next dependance, but what
> would be the correct way to resolve this ?

Long term solution is to make sure automake/aclocal both search
/usr/local/share/aclocal as well if /usr/local is your preferred installation
prefix. Alternatively use --prefix=/usr when configuring wx.

Short term solution:
replace
$ACLOCAL || exit $?
at line 89 of bootstrap with:
$ACLOCAL -I /usr/local/share/aclocal || exit $?

which should get bootstrap to set everything up successfully

regards,
Doug