New XRC files for Stitcher Panel (Was: Re: [ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5)

Carl von Einem carl at einem.net
Thu Jun 2 10:42:27 BST 2005

From: douglas wilkins <dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk>

> Latest CVS replaces the "default" family with "swiss" as default looked
> absolutely awful on windows too. :-)
> On windows "default" maps to the fixed width console font, while "swiss" maps
> to  the GUI default sans serif font. How does it look with swiss on the mac?

Swiss = Helvetica
(Arial should be named here, too)

should be perfect although it is not the primary standard screen font on
Aqua. So that leads to the question about the actual default screen text
on a Mac. TinkerTool says:

System: LucidaGrande 13 pt
System headlines: LucidaGrande-Bold 13 pt
Applications: Helvetica 12 pt (European Song Contest?)
Fixed Width: Monaco 10 pt
Dialogs: LucidaGrande 13 pt
Symbols: LucidaGrande 10 pt
Help text: LucidaGrande 11 pt
Window titles: LucidaGrande 13 pt
Palette titles: LucidaGrande 10 pt

>>> I'd rather go for putting separators with static text label without
>>> any specific font.

As there are tools to specify your individual screen font it might be
advisable to note somewhere in the documentation which font is actually
used. "Any specific font" lacks a proper defined spacing.

Carl