[ptx] artifacts when scrolling

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 1 21:31:52 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 12:53 -0600, Rob Park wrote:
> On 6/1/05, JD Smith <jdsmith at as.arizona.edu> wrote:
> > Another option would be Qt, which has a native Mac OSX port which
> > purportedly works well (in fact all of KDE has been ported on it).  And,
> > with Qt 4, due out imminently, there will be a free GPL Windows port as
> > well (formerly there was only the commercial Qt for Windows).  I've been
> > a fan of GTK for a while, but it seems Qt may have the edge for cross-
> > platform GUI coding, and you are coding directly to a toolkit API,
> > instead of to a "least-common-denominator" emulated API like wX.
>
> Ah, but does Qt provide any sort of interface builder like Glade for
> GTK or XRCed for wx?

Apparently so: it's called QT Designer, and my officemate just gave me a
demo: very cool.  I think it would be trivial to replicate the current
Glade mockups you are working on in a few minutes.  I saw that they have
scalable "spacers" which should nicely solve the alignment problems with
multiple translation texts previously mentioned.