[ptx] New Windows release, hugin 0.5beta1

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon Jan 31 23:21:35 GMT 2005

Hi together,

As promised, here is another build of hugin for windows. I hope this one
is much more polished than the last one.

It is available for download at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77506&package_id=142695
as zip file or installer package.

I will add a sourcecode release as well. I hope that maybe after another
beta we can release hugin 0.5.

For a stable release, the documentation needs to be updated, and a few
more bugs could be fixed (should be only minor ones left, I hope).

There have been major improvements over the last beta release, 0.4 beta:

GUI:

   * General:
     - Many bugs that lead to crashes fixed.
     - German, French and Polish translations.
     - Almost all tiff image formats supported (16 bit, float etc.)
     - Import of PTAssember and some PTGui scripts (tested with PTGUI
        scripts version 4 and 8)

   * Images Panel
     - Support for autopano and autopano-sift
     - Function to remove control points between selected images

   * Lens Panel
     - show image shearing variables (g,t)
     - Robust loading of exif data, asks for crop factor, if needed
     - load/save lens and distortion parameters
     - Handling of multiple sets of lens/distortion parameters
        for panos that contain images taken with different lenses

   * Control Point Panel
     - Many small and bigger bugs removed
     - fine tune with rotation search added (finally useful with fisheye
        & wide angle images)
     - Set horizontal/vertical control points automatically, if the same
        image is shown
     - "Fine tune all points" writes the cross correlation score into the
       control point error field, making it possible to see which points
       do not match nicely in the image.

   * Optimizer Tab
     - Presets with the most common optimisation tasks
     - Incremental optimize (starts from anchor image, add neigbour
        image, optimize, add next neighbour, optimize, etc.)
        Useful for optimizing complex panos the first time, to avoid
        getting stuck in local minima.
     - Several smaller useability bugs fixed.

   * Stitcher Tab
     - Support for enblend.
     - Quick presets for "TIFF with enblend", "PSD" etc.

   * Preferences Screen added

   * Control Points List Window
     - multiselection possible
     - global select by distance
     - function to delete selected control points

   * Preview Window
     - Difference blending mode, to see stitching errors
       in the whole overlap, not only the edge between the images
     - Faster preview, by using small cached images.
     - Fixed bug that lead to wrong previews for nozero d and e
       parameters.

This list is incomplete, for a detailed changelog see:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/docs/changelog/

Have fun,