[ptx] Hugin - compilation problems - definitely solved

Steve Wesemeyer swesemeyer at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 13 20:52:51 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 07:07, douglas wilkins wrote:

> Unfortunately, yes...
> amd64 is a 'bi-arch' platform. That is to say, 32 bit
> libraries live in /path/to/dir/lib while the 64 bit
> versions live in /path/to/dir/lib64
> Thus, you need to specify the options like this:
>
> ./configure --enable-shared --enable-threads
> --prefix=/path/to/dir --libdir=/path/to/dir/lib64
>
> when you run configure.
> And just for the record, when I compiled wxWidgets I
> had to use something like:
>
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/X11R6/lib64 ../configure --with-gtk
> --prefix=/path/to/dir --libdir=/path/to/dir/lib64

Thanks, I'll recompile everything with this in mind.
I just compile fftw that way and hugin now compiles flawlessly.

> Maybe you could send me the log of a failed
> checkinstall run?

I just tried it again with the latest snapshot and it built the rpm without a
hitch.
On install rpm complains about a missing libpano12.so library but as I know
that I installed it, I just force the install and everything works fine.
I guess the last time I tried, my build was not particularly clean and
checkinstall must have choked on something because of that.

Anyway, I'd better get stitching now...

Thanks again, Doug, for your help and thanks to all hugin(+all associated
tools) developers for a superb piece of software!

Regards,
 Steve