[ptx] automake/autconf and hugin

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 08:02:13 GMT 2005

 --- David Grant <david.grant at telus.net> wrote:
> In the gentoo ebuild for hugin, we run:
>
>     aclocal -I m4
>     automake --gnu Makefile
>     autoconf
>     libtoolize -c -f
>
> followed by ./configure + options, make, make
> install + options
>
> Is this necessary? And if it is necessary, can this
> be done upstream
> rather than by the distro? On most packages this is
> never required. Only
> ./configure, make, make install

If you are getting the code from CVS, then yes, it is
neccessary. Only code which cannot be generated
automatically is stored there. There is a script
(bootstrap) which checks for required versions of
software and then runs all the commands above along
with others. It is unfortunately not suitable for an
automatic build as human intervention is required at
one point.

If, on the other hand, you use the tarball from
sourceforge (latest is hugin-0.5-beta2.tar.bz2) then
you should be able to just run configure / make / make
install.

HTH
regards,
Doug