[ptx] A problem after compiling hugin-0.5-beta2.

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 18:01:48 GMT 2005

 --- piaff33z <piaff33z at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to announce a problem after compilation since
> 0 of Hugin. I
> compile hugin with the command
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/hugin-0.5beta2 \
> --enable-shared \
> --with-jpeg=/opt/lib/libjpeg \
> --with-png=/opt/lib/libpng \
> --with-tiff=/opt/lib/libtiff \
> --with-pano=/opt/lib/libpano12 \
> --with-zlib=/opt/lib/zlib \
> --with-fftw-dir=/opt/lib/fftw \
> --with-fftw-includes=/opt/lib/fftw/include \
> --with-fftw-libraries=/opt/lib/fftw/lib \
> --with-wx-prefix=/opt/wxWindows \
> --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/lib/gnome/gtk+

If you add --enable-debug to the command above,
compile and start hugin from the command line, you
will get a far more verbose startup which should give
you some clues.

> The version of products :
> Zlib 1.2.1
> jpeg-6b
> tiff-v3.5.7
> libpano12-2.7.0.8
> fftw-2.1.5
> wxWindows-2.5.3
> gtk+-2.6.0

All seems OK, except maybe tiff. It would be good to
upgrade to at least 3.6.1

[snip]

> I think that Hugin does not like the place in which
> it was installed.

While it isn't where I would put it, hugin should not
have a problem with it. Enabling the debug output
should help with diagnosis.

regards,
Doug