Goals for hugin 0.6 (was Re: [ptx] hugin 0.5 beta2)

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 17:41:06 GMT 2005

 --- Mike Runge <mike at trozzreaxxion.net> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> you'll wish, you havn't asked ;-)

Goals for post 0.5 :-)

I must preface this by saying that I use hugin to
produce high definition _prints_ of panoramas, so I
don't use fish-eye lenses at all. In fact most of the
photographs are taken at around 80 mm equivalent
rather than 8mm. So I am going to skip over most of
these comments now, but I will not be forgetting them,
since you and Marek have laid out clearly what is
required, and I am sure Pablo will have a _lot_ of
input soon.

Preview:
I like the idea of zoom functionality. The preview is
geared for speed rather than accuracy. Implementing
zoom in the preview allows for a mixture of both.

Control Points:
Showing the images in the correct rotation would help,
not only for fish-eye images, but also for images in
portrait orientation

Stitching:
Selecting a subset of the images to stitch is also a
good idea. We may need to check that the selected
images have control points in common before stitching
though.

General:
It would be nice to embed panoglviewer and
clens/PTLens functionality - clens when loading EXIF
information to automatically set a,b,c & d variables
and panoglviewer post stitching to view results.

regards,
Doug