[ptx] [ hugin-Feature Requests-1393960 ] Add multi-processing support to nona

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 31 03:05:50 GMT 2005

Feature Requests item #1393960, was opened at 2005-12-30 22:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ippei
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=550444&aid=1393960&group_id=77506

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
With X2 processors begining to see significant
acceptance and with X4 processors likely to start
appearing in systems in mid to late 2006 it seems like
it would be a good time to start looking at adding
support for nona to run multipule threads to take
advantage of the processing power that these new
processors provide.  Seems like a shame to buy an
expensive processor and only have applications use 1/2
or 1/4 of it's power.  Particularly applications like
nona that benifit greatly from more CPU power and, it
seems to me (but I could be wrong), should not be
particularly difficult to multithread.

Comment By: Ippei UKAI (ippei)