[ptx] hugin and ptsticher under linux

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Sun Dec 4 01:10:51 GMT 2005

Am Sonntag 04 Dezember 2005 01:31 schrieb Piotr Popik:
> Hi, I can't use PTStitcher to stitch panorama (4 fisheye + zenith)
> under hugin (Fedora 4). Nona works fine. The "preferences" tab says I
> have Panotools 2.7.0.14. Please help... I'm novel to Linux...

You need the panotools of Helmut Dersch from 2001, and java:

Here a quote of a mail from Bruno Postle:
<quote>
> I got the panotools 2.6b1, with PTStitcher 2.1, PTStereo 2.1 etc.
> Is that a recent PTLinux package?

Yes, that is the latest version.  There is a list of mirrors of
Helmut Dersch's site as it was before it went off-line here:

  http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=Mirrors

The pano12 library has been modified significantly since 2.6b1, you
can find this here:

  http://panotools.sourceforge.net/

Note that 2.7.0.11 is broken when optimising control-points, it was
released prematurely, the most recent working pano12 is 2.7.0.10.
</quote>

The panotools on sourceforge only contains the library libpano12 and
PTOptimizer. (gimp and Photoshopplugins, too AFAIR).

Hope that helps.

Regards

Gerhard