[ptx] Getting EXIF data from coolpix 950 jpgs using hugin

Kevin Hanser ptx at hanser.org
Thu Dec 1 04:19:27 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have just recently discovered and started using the following tools to create
panoramas:  autopano-sift, hugin, panotools (PTStitcher), and enblend.

I have an old Nikon Coolpix 950 camera, and I have been unable to automagically
read the lens settings using the "load EXIF" feature of hugin.  When I click on
an image in hugin and pick "load EXIF", it then brings up a box asking me for
the focal length.  I've been putting this in manually for now and it works
good, but I'm curious as to why it isn't able to get the info from the EXIF
info in the jpgs?

Is the coolpix 950 too old to provide the info that hugin is looking for?  As
far as I know, the 950 does save EXIF info to the images, as that is the info
that I'm using currently to manually type in the focal length..

any suggestions, ideas, etc appreciated!

thx!