[ptx] visible seams in a panaorama

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Tue Aug 16 08:43:52 BST 2005

Jean-Luc,

I disagree that your "original pictures have not this vignetting".  I
think they have very significant vignetting.

For example in img_03.jpg, Photoshop reports that the upper left corner
has brightness 69%, the upper center has increased to brightness 80%,
and the upper right is again decreased to 67%.

Instead of relying on enblend, you would get better results from
correcting the vignetting first.

In addition your img_01 file seems to be a bit overexposed compared to
the others.

I played a bit using PTLens and Photoshop level adjust to correct these
problems, then got pretty good results from enblend.

See http://www.janrik.net/PanoPostings/20050816/20050816a.html for examples.

I wonder if your earlier seamless pictures used more overlap, or
different lens settings that gave less vignetting in your source images.

Regards,
--Rik