[ptx] big problem with autopano-sift?

Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin manouchk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:21:26 BST 2005

Hi,
I think Ijust had a big problem when running autopano-sift front-end.
(/usr/bin/mono /usr/lib/autopano-sift/autopanog.exe)
I was running around 7 to 8 front-end in parallel and there was some error
messages. And I remarked that autopano was ending with segfault and not
creating *.pto files.
The file system has been strongly corrupted (it says /dev/hda6 contains a
file system with errors, check forced).
A lot of e2fsck were necessary to be able o boot.
i_file_acl for inode .... is 2896795587, should be zero clear <y>? yes
i_faddr for ...... zero
i_frag.......
i_size....

Segmentation
again e2fsck....

Looking at kernel messages it tells me : Aborting journal on device hda6
and then EXT3-fs error (device hda6) : ext3_journal_start_sb detected
aborted journal
and remount ting file system read-only....
attempt to access beyond end of device .....

Some images (processed by autopano-sift and with no *.pto) were lost.
I also lost the .kde directory! I'm trying to recover my mails and settings.
It's strangely not working because I synchronised back .kde and .Mail
directory using my yesterday backup using unison. I hope this would be
sufficient but apparently not! I don't what to do! I hope I'll find soon a
solution.