[ptx] autopano-sift-1.6-win-1.zip, No more Gtk#. Windows users please test :)

Chris Cothrun mutagen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 18:23:34 BST 2004

Hello,

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:30:59 +0200, Thorsten Vieth <t.vieth at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> downloaded the 1.6 version, unpacked, and copied the content of your zip
> file over the existing versions. I did not get autopano-sift to work
> from hugin, even after copying the lib-files to the hugin directory. The
> command line for generatekeys.exe and autopano.exe seemed to run fine at
> first.

The command line files do work great. Try copying the
/src/contrib/win-autopano-sift.vbs file to the /bin folder and then
draggind and dropping your images to that script (I create a shortcut
on the desktop to make this step easier). If you want a quick test,
use the two small images in /src/test

The only drawback to this is it seems that windows messes up the order
of filenames dragged and dropped. So the new --align &
--generate-horizon options don't seem to work.

> When trying to generate keys (just tested with 2 pictures so far), one
> downside was the HUGE memory consumption. I have 512 MB RAM, which is
> probably not very much. I observed hefty CPU peaks while generating
> keys. At the same time, my virtual memory file grew from about 600 MB to
> 1.5 GIG (!). Autopano-sift crashed because not enough virtual memory was
> available when the swap file was at 1.6 GIG. Hope that helps.

I had the same difficulties. I went so far as to trying to compile
autopano-sift with the Microsoft .NET SDK before someone pointed out
that the drag & drop script works.

--
- Chris