[ptx] autopano-sift-1.6-win-1.zip, No more Gtk#. Windows usersplease test :)

nerochiaro nerochiaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:19:39 BST 2004

> > > Attached is a small zipfile that contains the bare minimum of autopano-sift 1.6
> > > with all dependencies removed, only a .NET framework is required.  To use the
> > > file, just download the normal 1.6 release and copy over the executeable files.
> >
> > When trying to generate keys (just tested with 2 pictures so far), one
> > downside was the HUGE memory consumption. I have 512 MB RAM, which is
> > probably not very much. I observed hefty CPU peaks while generating
> > keys. At the same time, my virtual memory file grew from about 600 MB to
> > 1.5 GIG (!). Autopano-sift crashed because not enough virtual memory was
> > available when the swap file was at 1.6 GIG. Hope that helps.
>
> I also didn't get it to run successfully - not even on the command line.
> I had the same problems with the previously posted win-binary of Chris.

In my case, if I started it without specifying a minDim value, the
program started working at sizes
larger than 3000 even if the images size is actually lower !
If, instead, i specified a minDim size equal to or even much larger
than the larger dimension in the
source image, then everthing very well, with memory consumption within
very reasonable levels (and i
have tested it on a system with "just" 256Mb).

Is it possible for those who already posted test results to try and
add a minDim value to their
command lines and see how it goes ?