[ptx] autopano-sift-1.6-win-1.zip, No more Gtk#. Windows usersplease test :)

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Mon Sep 20 10:16:43 BST 2004

I also didn't get it to run successfully - not even on the command line.
I had the same problems with the previously posted win-binary of Chris.
Am I doing something basically wrong:

- I downloaded the archive and extracted the files into a directory,
which is within the path.
- in the command shell, I changed into a folder with some photos (3 Megs).
- I ran 'generatekeys filename.jpg filename.key
- generatekeys started with the following message:

SIFT Keypoint Generation
The use of this software is restricted by certain conditions.
See the "LICENSE" file distributed with the program for details.

This software is provided for non-commercial use only. The University
of British Columbia has applied for a patent on the SIFT algorithm in
the United States. Commercial applications of this software may
require a license from the University of British Columbia.

Building octave, (3070, 4094)

but the process never ends :-(

MEM usage changes frequently between 400 and 90 MB, CPU usage is 98% at
the beginning and nearly 0 after 2 or 4 Minutes.

System ist wXP on a 800Mhz mobile Pentium and 512 MB RAM
Is it required to download/install/configure anything else to run
autopano-sift? I previously tried GTK# and an older Mono-package to run
the binary of Chris, but all my tries ended up in the same szenario?!

best, mike