[ptx] autopano-sift 1.6 released: control-point coverage improved, bug fixes

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed Sep 15 18:39:57 BST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

> Le 15.09.2004 14:32:37, Rob Park a écrit :
> >Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> >>I suggest you to copy autopano.exe, generatekey.exe and libsift.dll
> >>in /usr/local/bin then edit autopao-complete.sh with something like
> >>done in this small patch (it seems that complete path have to be
> >>given  to mon) :
> >
> >Ok, I'll try that, but then I have a question: If autopano-
> >complete.sh is so broken that it needs drastic changes like this to
> >be made, how come the author does not notice this? It obviously works
> >on somebody's computer, right? Why would they release this file in
> >such a broken state? (especially since the changelog says he just
> >fixed one other major bug that I was experiencing before, that I
> >fixed myself originally).
> >

> I don't know.
> I'm not sure this is the correct fix.

This probably depends on the installation of mono.. I could use the previous
(v 1.5) autopano-complete.sh just fine, because, on debian, I can simply
execute any mono .exe, and it will automatically run it with mono.

If I add the mono command as in the new script it won't find the programs in
the path, at least for me it doesn't..

> All I can say is that I had the same problems as yours and this way, it
> works for me [tm] ;-)

Works for me as well. (And I can use it straight from hugin..) hmm..
something must be magic about my computer...