[ptx] HuginOSX problems

Axel Wernicke axel.wernicke at gmx.de
Wed Sep 8 22:28:45 BST 2004

Hello,

YES, thank you to Ippei for bringing hugin to the Mac! I used the last
two weeks to do some work with the first HuginOSX build. Yesterday I
switched the to the new build. Although I had some problems to build
hugin by myself, I'm absolutely willing to help by testing, so I'll
share my first impressions:

- - Starting itself is no problem, the main window remembers its size,
but opens with the left upper corner of the window _centered_ to the
primary screen (even if it was formerly positioned on another screen)
- - The toolbar shows up for a second, but disappears almost
immediately and is not usable at all

Images card:
- - Opening projects works (and is much faster with the new release)
- - Adding images works, but removing images causes problems. Sometimes
I got a spinning ball (application hangs, sometimes hugin simply dies)
- - The image preview is pretty small (something like 150x150 pixel),
but I've seen in larger sizes sometimes also
- - "Create Ctrl Points" fails with an wxExecute Error dialog. Which
says: "command: autopano ... failed with error code 255"
Log says: execvp(autopano, /path:/tmp, /keys:10, /project:oto,
/name:autopano_result_tempfile, /size:1024, /f,
/Users/axelwernicke/Pictures/Panoramen/000194_schwetzingen/6/
IMG_4237.JPG,
/Users/axelwernicke/Pictures/Panoramen/000194_schwetzingen/6/
IMG_4236.JPG,
/Users/axelwernicke/Pictures/Panoramen/000194_schwetzingen/6/
IMG_4235.JPG,
/Users/axelwernicke/Pictures/Panoramen/000194_schwetzingen/6/
IMG_4234.JPG,
/Users/axelwernicke/Pictures/Panoramen/000194_schwetzingen/6/
IMG_4233.JPG,
/Users/axelwernicke/Pictures/Panoramen/000194_schwetzingen/6/
IMG_4232.JPG) failed with error 2!

Camera and Lens card:
- - seems to be ok so far, but does not fit to a screen with 1024x768
pixel screen, the "Load EXIF" button disappears

Control Points card:
- - icons for previous and next image pair are missing
- - below the two images is lots of space wasted that could pretty well
be used for the table that contain the points
- - on a 1024x768 px resulution the "auto estimate" checkbox is hidden
behind "add" and "delete" buttons

Optimizer card:
- - Lens parameters are hidden on a 1024x768 px resolution screen,
although in the image orientation pane is some space left
- - Executing Optimize now! with default parameter (Positions pairwise)
leads to a hanging application.
Log says: FATAL:
(/Users/ippei/Download/hugin/hugin-cvs/src/Panorama/
PanoToolsInterface.cpp:740) setInfo(): (): CheckParams() returned
false!
*** malloc[860]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x417e0f0;
This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug

Stitcher card:
- - trying to stitch with PTStitcher returns almost immediately, seems
to do nothing...
- - stitching with nona not tested with this build yet, but worked for
the former one
- - changing the "Stitch the image" value leads to a hanging
application (spinning ball forever)

so much for today, the progress is anyway very promising!!

just my 2c Axel!