[ptx] hugin and Debian trouble

Andreas Hirczy ahi at itp.tugraz.at
Tue Oct 19 16:10:26 BST 2004

Hi,

I am having some trouble with hugin on Debian GNU/Linux (testing/sarge,
i386). When I try a precompiled hugin from <http://3demi.net/debian/debs/> or
<http://people.debian.org/~pfrauenf/> everything (including preview) seems to
be fine till I try to stitch with nona looking for "Multiple TIFF".  While
stitching I get an error message ".../pano1/nona.tif: Integer overflow in
TIFFTileRowSize." for every generated picture.  The files are readable with
xv, but useless with gimp or enblend.

Gimp and enblend bring identic error messages: "Integer overflow in
TIFFVTileSize" and "nona0001.tif: cannot handle zero tile size". The TIFF
library in use is libtiff4-3.6.1.

To avoid possible minor problems with libraries I tried to compile hugin
myself.  The snapshot 0.4 from 15th October configures, compiles and installs
without an error message, but fails at start:

####
[ahi at faeppc48 ahi]$ hugin
Panorama obj created
ERROR: 19:36:28.164376 (MainFrame.cpp:220) MainFrame(): splash image not found
Segmentation fault
####

When compiling from CVS (debian/testing) I ran into new trouble right at the
beginning:

* had to make a directory "src/nona_gui/po", otherwise the mv command in line
  133 of bootstrap fails.

* still can't run boostrap (macro `AM_OPTIONS_GRAPHICS' not found in
  library).

Versions of build tools straight from Debian are:

   autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
   automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p6
   ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.6
   gettext (GNU gettext-runtime) 0.14.1
   gcc 3.3.4

cheers,
Andreas
--
Andreas Hirczy <ahi at itp.tugraz.at>                   http://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology                          phone: +43/316/873-81 90