[ptx] compiling hugin cvs (autoconf & automake)

Douglas Wilkins douglasw at zahav.net.il
Tue Oct 12 09:34:52 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:12 +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:
> It seems that hugin now uses automake, any ideas how to bootstrap
> CVS to build?  I can create a configure file with autoconf, but
> configure itself fails:
>
>   configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config ./config
>
> Is the ./config directory missing from cvs?

Hi there,
a script called bootstrap should be in CVS (I haven't checked). Run that
to recreate all generated files. Just in case, I have attached a copy to
this mail.
I used
- GNU autoconf 2.59 (2.52 or later should work)
- GNU automake 1.7 (I think 1.4 or later should work)
- GNU libtool 1.5 (1.4 will work)
- GNU gettext 0.14.1 (anything later than 0.11 will work)
to create the autoconf/automake stuff. The more testing it gets, the
better :-)

regards,
Doug