[ptx] Re: [PanoTools] Pentax istD with Peleng 8mm

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Tue Oct 5 12:09:18 BST 2004

Hi Kathy,
thanks for sharing your experiences.

On 10/5/2004, "Kathy Wheeler" <kathyw at home.albury.net.au> wrote:

>Our measurements indicated we
>should still have 1mm clearance between lens back and the mirror. Our
>measurements proved accurate and I can use the Peleng 8mm with no
>problems on the D70.

Only 1mm?! Wow, you must have been really sure about the accuracy of your
measurement.

>You should confirm that an adapter is available for your chosen Pentax
>and I would recommend measuring the lens protrusion and camera mirror
>travel before use.

Adapter M42->Pentax-K is not a problem - sometimes the Peleng is directly
shipped with one.

>> or does
>> anybody wants to sell his own Peleng?
>
>Nope, not selling mine, no way!

*grin* - probably a good question to find out, if someone is really happy
with it ;-) Looks like ebay is the usual way to buy one in europe.

>Pano(s) made with this combo are posting shortly
>on the WWP.

Yes, please, I'm very keen to watch you new panos :-)

Thanks a lot,
mike