[ptx] Pentax istD with Peleng 8mm

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Tue Oct 5 07:51:58 BST 2004

Hi all,
I plan to buy a Pentax *istD or *istDs and a Peleng 8mm.

I'm sure, the Pentax will deliver a good image quality and I read some
information about the Peleng, but I'm unsure if they really fit
mechanically?!

On this side (
http://www.pauck.de/marco/photo/stuff/peleng_fisheye/peleng_fisheye.html
) something is mentioned about general (In-)Compatibility:
‘Mirror Compatibility’
Unscrewed Rear Element
Unscrewed Rear Element
This issue is caused by the rear element extending far into the camera
body. As the result, the mirror might kick against it when slapping up
possibly damaging the mirror itself as well as the whole mirror
mechanics! So beware!

So, my questions are:
Does anyone has ever tried this combination? Does it fit? Does it work
well?
Does anyboby has experiences about buying the Peleng in germany or does
anybody wants to sell his own Peleng?

Thanks in advance for your help,
mike