[ptx] Re: a few remaining hitches

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Tue Nov 16 20:29:47 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Philippe Gac wrote:

> Hi Pablo,
>
> thanks for the new snapshot that brings in still more convenience of use.
>
> 200% zoom is now working nicely (and is quite useful)
>
> there is still a bug that causes a "Hugin fatal error" that appears sometimes: when you add a point, it seem as if
> another hugin thread that searches for a matching correspondent doesn't let enough time so it be registered. Then when
> you key in "Add", there would be no first point and a fatal error is raised. But, if you click again to re-create the
> first point, it's OK.

I'll look into that. In which setting do the crashes happen? I need zoom
factor, and the state of the "auto fine-tune" "auto add" and "auto estimate"
checkboxes.

> I understand it's no time for big changes but may I venture a few idea perhaps easy to implement?
> - correlation as a distinct, permanent field

Needs some bigger internal changes, because the correlation score should be
recomputed whenever a point changes.

> - shift-click forces selection of a point of an already existing pair, zooming both panes around it

Probably not, because the control point editor code has become to complex
and indetermistic, so I would risk adding more bugs ;)

> - points be ordered in CPs-panes view according to distance
> - points be ordered in CPs-panes or CP-list views according to distance from the center of the image

maybe

> - make all images independent for all parameters with one click

You mean, check/uncheck the inherit flags on the lens panel?