[ptx] libpano12-cvs: make error under cygwin

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Sun Nov 14 21:29:33 GMT 2004

Hello Doug,

Thank you for your answer,

Am Sonntag 14 November 2004 19:50 schrieb Douglas Wilkins:
> (see the link to a message of Corinna Vinshen):
>
> Looking through that email, if the version in the AC_PREREQ statement
> (in configure.ac) is greater than 2.13, which it is, then it will use
> the 2.5x version of the tools. Also according to that email, the
> wrapper scripts should then take care of path issues, but it look
> like it did not on your machine :-(

If it is interesting enough, or if you think it's helpfull at all, than
I could send you the wrapper script, to sort out errors in the
bootstrap, if there are still errors at all...

> [snip]
>
> > gcc: fork: Permission denied
>
> which version of gcc is cygwin running? fork errors are normally
> compiler errors, trying to fork a separate process ie the assembler,
> not permissions in the source directories.

AFAIR it's gcc 3.3.3, but I'll look into that later. I tried to compile
as normal user, because I don't know how to login as root or
administrator in cygwin. AFAIK su doesn't work on cygwin, also chmod
and some other stuff aren't behave like on linux :-( .

> > [snip]
>
> For what it is worth, I tested the current autotools build on windows
> under msys/mingw and that worked. I have not tried a cygwin build
> though.

I was just curious about it, because I thought it's a good point to test
the capabilities of the new libpano12 buildsystem on another
environment. What do you think? Is it worth to look deeper into it?

Maybe it would be easier and better to solve this on the cygwin mail
list? Wouldn't it?

regards

Gerhard