[ptx] Still JAVA problems (was: build with GNU autotools)

Scott R. Little little at cs.utah.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:53:53 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 07:32 am, Pablo dAngelo wrote:
> My desktop at home is an AMD64, and I have compiled hugin and friends in 64
> bit mode some time ago. I thought I checked in all required patches, but I
> might have missed one in the old sift matching code.

My desktop at home is also AMD64.  I am running Gentoo and had bumped into
some errors building hugin previously on AMD64 (it has always worked on my
x86 box).  After this bit of discussion I decided to try building hugin again
on my AMD64 box.  After fixing a small casting problem in
src/include/vigra_ext/PointMatching.h:163 I seem to have been successful as
it built and I ran it successfully on a few example panos.  I am not sure why
that line caused a problem, but it wasn't overly hard to fix.  If you want
the details I can send them on, but I am not sure if it is a problem with the
AMD64 version of gcc or simply the version that I am using with Gentoo.  I
haven't tried autopano-sift as the examples I tried quickly already had
control points.  I don't presume I will have trouble with autopano-sift since
it uses mono and mono builds fine as well.

Thanks for all of the good work guys.  I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Scott

--
The way the Romans made sure their bridges worked is what we should do
with software engineers.  They put the designer under the bridge, and