[ptx] Still JAVA problems (was: build with GNU autotools)

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Tue Nov 9 21:04:36 GMT 2004

Am Dienstag 09 November 2004 20:45 schrieb Douglas Wilkins:
> On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 20:26 +0100, Gerhard Gaussling wrote:
> > configure: WARNING:
> >         java must be installed on your system
> >         but configure could not find it.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Gerhard Gaußling
>
> Andreas and I have been working on this, and the patches I sent to
> the list earlier should sort it out, but until anon CVS catches up,
> attached is the current ax_check_java.m4 . Just remember to run
> bootstrap first, and then configure (should not require the
> --with-java)
>
> regards,
> Doug

Hello Doug,

everything seems to work and JAVA is detected correctly
  JAVA_FLAGS     = -I/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-sun/include \
-I/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-sun/include/linux -DHasJava

But there is one thing that doesn't work:
the tools are assumed in the wrong directory - the .libs dir, but they
are generated in the tools directory.

Making install in tools
make[1]: Entering directory
`/var/backups/download/graphics/panotools/libpano/tools'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/var/backups/download/graphics/panotools/libpano/tools'
test -z "/usr/local/bin" || mkdir -p -- "/usr/local/bin"
  /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c 'panoinfo'
'/usr/local/bin/panoinfo'
/usr/bin/install -c .libs/panoinfo /usr/local/bin/panoinfo
  /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c 'PTOptimizer'
'/usr/local/bin/PTOptimizer'
/usr/bin/install -c .libs/PTOptimizer /usr/local/bin/PTOptimizer
-----------------------^^^^^^   doesn't exists, but tool/PTOptimizer
exists

Also I have to remove all stuff I created for hugin and the panotools,
and compile hugin again because hugin is linked
against /usr/lib/libpano.so.0
libpano.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpano.so.0 (0x40885000)
for now I made the 'fitting' links manually. This is due to the default
prefix /usr/local and the new naming libpano12.so*.

Good work! Particulary because the buildprocess goes further on Mac OsX
than before, if I understood Bruno Postle right.

What's about gimp-plugin?

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling