[ptx] Still JAVA problems (was: build with GNU autotools)

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Tue Nov 9 19:26:45 GMT 2004

Am Dienstag 09 November 2004 08:14 schrieb Gerhard Gaussling:
> Douglas Wilkins <douglasw at zahav.net.il> schrieb am 09.11.04 06:49:00:
> > On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 20:59 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Ok, I've renamed these in CVS.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Also the issues Gerhard had with the java flags in the tool
> > directory has been corrected.
> >
> > One thing that I have not sorted is that the tools are built before
> > the library, which is still a problem :-((
>
> I don't know if you already read my post from 2:22
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ptx/2760 I needed gcj for
> JAVA. But make stops with an error in function 'main' I think the
> java flags are no longer the problem for me:
>
> $ ./configure --with-gnu-ld --with-java=/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-sun
> [...]
> checking if JAVA package is complete... yes
> [...]
>   JAVA_FLAGS     = -I/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-sun/include/libgcj -DHasJava

I got no longer (new cvs checkout) these results for JAVA, but therefor
PTOptimizer is build successfully and also panoinfo, but no
libpano12.so ...Hmmm?

./configure
[..]
checking for JAVA installation at ...
configure: java home set to /usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-sun
checking jni.h usability... no
checking jni.h presence... no
checking for jni.h... no
checking if JAVA package is complete... no
configure: WARNING:
        java must be installed on your system
        but configure could not find it.

Kind regards