[ptx] libpano12 on osx (was: build with GNU autoconf)

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Nov 9 17:33:21 GMT 2004

On Tue 09-Nov-2004 at 19:09 +0200, Douglas Wilkins wrote:

> >   DAR_LDFLAGS = -L/sw/lib -ltiff -ljpeg

> libtool should automatically add the other two libs from libpano12.la
> (it already adds -lpng and -lz right?)
>
> the relevant lines from libpano12.la on my build:
>
> # Libraries that this one depends upon.
> dependency_libs=' -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libjpeg.la -lpng -ltiff -lz'

The one on the mac looks like this:

  # Libraries that this one depends upon.
  dependency_libs=' -L/usr/local/lib -lpng -L/usr/lib -lz'

I understand, I was ignoring configure failing to find the
libraries:

  checking for JAVA installation at ...
  configure: cannot find the java directory, assuming it is specified in CFLAGS
  checking for JPEG support ...
  configure: cannot find the jpeg directory, assuming it is specified in CFLAGS
  checking for TIFF support ...
  configure: cannot find the tiff directory, assuming it is specified in CFLAGS

Fink installs the jpeg and tiff libraries into /sw/{lib,include}
and sun Java is in
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Headers

--
Bruno