[ptx] libpano12 - build with GNU autoconf, automake and libtool

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Nov 9 13:55:48 GMT 2004

On Tue 09-Nov-2004 at 14:23 +0200, Douglas Wilkins wrote:

> > The library now builds on osx (this is a first):

> > Though the 'tools' fail as Andreas found.
>
> Do they still fail with my latest changes (new Makefile.am and
> ax_check_java.m4)?

Now the library builds and so does panoinfo, PTOptimizer.o gets
created, but linking fails:

  /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -L..   -o PTOptimizer  PTOptimizer.o -lpano12
  gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/PTOptimizer PTOptimizer.o  -L/Users/bruno/src/libpano12-2.7.0.7 /Users/bruno/src/libpano12-2.7.0.7/.libs/libpano12.dylib -L/usr/local/lib -lpng -L/usr/lib -lz
  ld: Undefined symbols:
  _FSClose
  _FSRead
  _FSWrite
  _FSpCreate
  _FSpDelete
  _FSpOpenDF
  _CFStringCreateWithPascalString
  _CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath
  _CFURLGetFileSystemRepresentation
  _CopyCStringToPascal
  _TIFFClose
  _TIFFGetField
  _TIFFOpen
  _TIFFReadRGBAImage
  _TIFFReadScanline
  _TIFFScanlineSize
  _TIFFSetField
  _TIFFWriteScanline
  _kCFAllocatorDefault
  _FSpRename
  _MyCtoPStr
  _p2cstr
  _setLibToResFile
  _unsetLibToResFile
  _jpeg_CreateCompress
  _jpeg_CreateDecompress
  _jpeg_destroy_compress
  _jpeg_destroy_decompress
  _jpeg_finish_compress
  _jpeg_finish_decompress
  _jpeg_read_header
  _jpeg_read_scanlines
  _jpeg_set_defaults
  _jpeg_set_quality
  _jpeg_simple_progression
  _jpeg_start_compress
  _jpeg_start_decompress
  _jpeg_std_error
  _jpeg_stdio_dest
  _jpeg_stdio_src
  _jpeg_write_scanlines

> does it still need the CFLAGS with the attached patch applied?

That works fine.

> Also where does filter.r fit in?

There are various ways of building the library, the Windows and mac
classic versions have pop-up dialogs with progress-bars etc..

The linux version is console only - This is the version we are
building for osx I believe.

Kekus Digital builds another version for osx to go with PTMac, this
version has native pop-up dialogs - filter.r is part of this I
think.

--
Bruno