[ptx] (appendix) How to compile hugin cvs on debian GNU linux sarge/SID?

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Mon Nov 8 19:40:38 GMT 2004

Hello Franck,

Am Montag 08 November 2004 14:51 schrieb Franck SICARD:
> Build without any problem (no patch of sources needed) on my debian
> sid. apt source avaible here:
>
> deb http://3demi.net/debian debs/./
> deb-src http://3demi.net/debian debs/./
>
> i use this little script:
> [...]

thank you for the script. I'll look into it, because I'm interested in
how to build and package debian packages. I'll also use the new
maintainer guide. I'm just curious how the process works.

Since I'm not a programmer I was not able to figure out what's wrong
with my debian installation or the hugin cvs source code.

With the help from Douglas Wilkins - Thank you again, Doug - we
discovered that the libtoolversion 1.5a I used was a little bit exotic,
that way the bootstrap script assumed that libtool was < 1.4. It was a
version from debian/experimental :-( Why, what the hell I'm using
experimental? .

The next step we missed to see that my autoconf was < 1.7. I used
autoconf1.6 from debian/testing.

Now the bootstrap is changed, so that it would stop with such a
configured system give a short message and refuse to work.

With autoconf1.9 I had no problems to compile the source successfully.

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling