[ptx] libpano12 - build with GNU autoconf, automake and libtool

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Nov 8 09:15:10 GMT 2004

On Mon 08-Nov-2004 at 09:11 +0100, Andreas Hirczy wrote:

> Are all programms expecting libpano12 header files in pano12/?

The library header files have just always been installed into
pano12.  It seems to be a common practice for other libraries.

> >     libpano12.so -> libpano12.so.0.0.0
> >     libpano12.so.0 -> libpano12.so.0.0.0
> >     libpano12.so.0.0.0

> No - those numbers do not reflect version numbers for the source
> code, but "library interface versions". There are always three
> numbers and each has its own special meaning:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#SEC34>

Thanks that's enlightening.

Since the version of the library is '2.7.whatever' which is api
compatible with other 2.x versions, I suppose the three numbers
should be 2.7.0?

--
Bruno