[ptx] seperate nona stiticher

Tim Jacobs twjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 01:44:24 GMT 2004

I've already got the code for reading the profile data. Don't know how
good the code is - I don't consider myself a programmer and I did a
direct port from Thomas' Visual Basic code. But I'd be glad to hand it
over (and maybe even learn a little in the process). In fact, I have
the whole ptlens program working now (by the way, thanks for answering
my other question about the scripts). I've compiled it using MSVC,
eclipse (on windows using cygwin) and on Linux (Fedora Core 2). I've
got a bit of a mix of code right now. For instance, on Windows (but
not for cygwin), I needed to get the source for getopt. I
inadvertantly used a string function provided by Microsoft called
stristr(). The cygwin environment handled this find but Linux didn't
so I found an ANSI implementation of that for the Linux side. I found
a header file "tailor.h" to be useful as well. I also used Anjuta on
the Linux side which automatically adds all kinds of stuff to the
project - mostly for auto makes, I believe. But it's mostly all black
magic to me right now, so if you want to coach me through exactly what
you would find useful and how best to get it to you, I'll work with
you.

Thanks,
Tim