[ptx] mandrake problems continued

Johnny Deadman lists at johnbrownlow.com
Tue Nov 2 17:10:34 GMT 2004

Okay, I'm driving myself nuts here. Any help very gratefully received.

On Mandrake Community 10.1:

-- I check out latest CVS of Hugin
-- I install all packages required to satisfy dependencies
-- This includes wxGTK 2.4.2 with the XRC extension

however when I come to compile Hugin, it fails because wxrc is not
included in my RPM, so I figure I have to compile wxGTK from scratch

Unfortunately I simply cannot get this to work. Could someone give me
detailed instructions on how I should do this? The problems I am having
are detailed below:

--- the problem ---

so I download the src for wxGTK 2.4.2

	./configure --with-gtk --with-opengl
	make
	su
	make install
	ldconfig
	exit

ok that all works fine

	cd contrib

works, but now

	make

fails with 'no target' etc (whether or not I run 'configure' in the
directory).

so

	cd	/src/xrc
	make
	su
	make install
	ldconfig
	exit

works.

ok now we come to the problem. We go into the contrib/utils/wxrc
directory and

	make

works, so you can now run ./wxrc from the command line, but

	make install

fails with 'no rule', and copying wxrc to /usr/local/bin results in
libraries not being found when I run it.

--
John Brownlow
Deep Fried Films, Inc

http://www.johnbrownlow.com