[ptx] autopanos?

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed May 5 22:41:41 BST 2004

On Wed, 05 May 2004, JD Smith wrote:

> Can anyone offer a comparison of Alexandre's autopano and Sebastian's
> autopano-sift in terms of features, patent/license encumbrances, memory
> usage, performance on large (~3-6Mpix) images, underlying algorithms,
> etc.?

Not that I know of. I'd like to do one some time in the future, but I'm too
busy with coding right now.

btw. panosifter, included in the hugin package could be used for this
purpose as well, mainly to test the different sift implementations against
the reference implementation by D.Lowe.

The test cases in my gallery might be a start.