[ptx] where are PTStitcher layer masks computed?

Littlefields - Rik, Janis, Kyle & Peter rj.littlefield at computer.org
Mon May 3 06:51:34 BST 2004

Hi Pablo,

Actually I have two reasons to be interested in the masks.

1. The PTStitcher masks often seem badly placed.
I would expect seams to be at the middle of overlap between
two images, so that every pixel in the output image comes
from the input image in which it is most central.  PTStitcher
seems to do something different, so I was hoping to either
understand why I am thinking wrong, or fix the code.

2. I do macro photography (insects at 1-10X on the film),
so I am interested in montaging for extended depth of focus.
I have played around with hacking an algorithm into
pano12.dll to automatically compute masks for the
montaging.  It works well enough to be encouraging,
but there really is not a place to hook it in that I am happy
with.  Perhaps nona would be a friendlier place to work?

Thanks much,
--Rik