[ptx] 16 bit and float image support in nona/hugin

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sun May 2 17:57:39 BST 2004

On Sun, 02 May 2004, Alexandre Jenny wrote:

> BTW : do you intend to add the feature to impex or directly to hugin ?

Impex is a bit limited when dealing with complex tiff files, when one needs
to set alpha channels etc, so I'm using the other, raw tiff file access.
Actually, I'm using 8 bit for the masks even for float images, since
usually, I just need a binary mask. Exporting that into one image can't
easily be done with the current tiff impex module. It also has trouble
reading unsigned 16 and 32 bit images, since it always reports signed
images.

For supporting other image types, I'll use the impex facilities. I'm not
sure if OpenEXR support is really needed, probably fjpg (for the
HDR PTViewer) would be a good candidate. Do you know image editors that can
deal with OpenEXR?