[ptx] Switch to autotools?

spec spec at webtech.pl
Wed Jun 30 20:42:16 BST 2004

Fabian Wenzel wrote:

>Currently I have problems compiling CVS hugin from scratch on debian/sid.
>Of course all issues are not severe and solvable, but if there are no
>objections I could rewrite hugin's Makefile generation with autotools.

Even if the hugin developers wouldn't use it, I think this is
the way to go, and I would definitely use it personally.

Also 2 off-topic questions:

The first question is (forgive me for being lazy and not look
at the code) - what is *.paf project?

Second one is: is it possible to remap the pictures (using opengl
function) to put them on a sphere and then remap them again to 2d
to stretch them to a rectangle? If yes it could be useful and fast
to create a tool that would help to pre-position the pictures and then
create a basic pt sctript. This is exactly how you position images
with LM Stitch (which is the only thing I like about the program).
http://www.lostmarble.com/lmstitch/download.shtml
It remaps the images in a realtime (images scaled down but still).
Some screenshots:
http://www.castlesofpoland.com/lmstitch1.jpg
http://www.castlesofpoland.com/lmstitch2.jpg

Best regards,