[ptx] Few Ghost in final image, how to fix ?

Claudio Soprano Claudio.Soprano at lnf.infn.it
Wed Jun 23 18:50:16 BST 2004

Morten A. Steien wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:43:34 +0200, <ptx-bounces at email-lists.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, i have some problems with panorama of beachs
>>
>> The problem is the ghost effect that is very few.
>>
>> There is a way to increase the space used to ghost 2 overlap images ?
>>
>> I'll try to explain the problem (sorry for my english), when u create
>> a pano for a beach
>>
>> u will have waves, stripes of water on the sand and so on, and the
>> time u use to take photo will do
>>
>> photos with waves in different places, so the final images, will have
>> some parts with big waves and other wihout waves,
>>
>> the worst case is when it will create a photo where
>>
>> the first photo have waves, 2nd no waves, 3 waves and 4 no and so on
>>
>> The problem i see (dont know if depends on hugin/ptgui or in panorama
>> tools) is that i cant increase (or maybe i dont know how to do)
>>
>> the space used to ghost (or maybe there isn't a ghost option) so i
>> can choose a bigger part of 2 images to ghost, to reduce
>>
>> the differences in the waves/stripes ?
>>
>> In Panorama Factory program i can do that and i can get panorama of
>> beachs very beautiful but i cant get a straight horizon,
>>
>> that instead i can get easily with panorama tools using hugin/ptgui.
>>
>> Any hints is appreciate
>>
>> Is there any plan to make a hugin-panorama tools for smp machines ?
>>
>> Thanks for ur work and replies
>> Claudio Soprano
>

> If I understand you correctly you have a problem choosing where the
> images are split.

ok try to explain better, my problem is not where they are splitted, but
how they are merged together

in the splitted zones, i will try to explain in different way

suppose 2 images

image 1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbb     (where a and b are pixels)

and

image 2
bbbbbbbbbbbbcccccccccccccc       (where b and c are pixels)

now we have the stiched image

aaaaaaabbbbbbbcccccccccc

           --           --

the problem i have is in the transitions between last a and first b
and the last b and first c

imagine now that a,b and c are waves of water in a panorama beach

that i have is

a mid wave (type a) a mid wave (type b) a mid wave (type c)

that i would like to have is to extend this in another way

aaa(a+b)bbb(b+c)ccc

where the stuffs in ( )  would be a merge between the 2 common zones of
image 1-2-3

if i merge 2 waves of water i got a wave that is similar to a close to a
pixels and similar to b close to b pixels

and possibly i would like to choose how big is this merge so i can
choose more part of a wave or another

hope i explained good my problem

if u want i can post images about my problem and how panorama factory
fix it while panorama tools/hugin/ptgui fails

> I'm using PTGui with multiple TIF output, and Enblend. This leaves
> the warped copy of every image together with the panorama on the disk.
> Now you can use your favourite photo editor and paste in as big a part
> of any picture that you need to avoid ghosts.
>
> Hope this helps.

>NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous
>e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential or privileged
>information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
>responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
>hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
>any of the information contained in or attached to this message is
>STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
>please immediately notify the sender and delete the e-mail and attached
>documents. Thank you.

thanks again

Claudio Soprano