[ptx] Enblend suggestion: focus score weighting

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Wed Jun 16 17:31:30 BST 2004

Sebastian,

What you propose makes a lot of sense.  I think there are no fundamental
problems.  See my post at
http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/ptx/2004-May/001596.html .  There
is also recent discussion of other approaches & software for this
problem on Max Lyons' forum at
http://www.tawbaware.com/cgi-bin/forum/cutecast.pl?forum=3&thread=759 .
I have played with the various softwares mentioned there (Helicon Focus,
CombineZ, and AutoMontage).  For my purposes they all have drawbacks --
either lack of quality or lack of control or high cost or limitations on
image size -- so I would very much like to see some sort of
mask-by-focus capability incorporated into the ptx  family of software.

--Rik