[ptx] [ hugin-Support Requests-965728 ] average optimizer reference

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 3 14:25:08 BST 2004

Support Requests item #965728, was opened at 2004-06-03 15:25
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=550442&aid=965728&group_id=77506

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I don't quite know how to formulate this, so please ask
me if you are not sure what I mean.

Most the images I try to stitch together are in
rectangular disposition (4 pictures, 2 rows and 2
columns). This is because I like architecture and this
is often the only way to capture a buiding in a narrow
street. The problem is that none of the pictures is
really a reference. I am not quite sure if my problem
here is because something is missing in Hugin or
because I don't know how to use Hugin.

If I choose any picture as a reference, all the others
will be distorted (which seems to me perfectly
understandable). Do you think that Hugin could offer a
kind of average reference, calculating the variables so
that the reference would a virtual picture situated in
the center of the actual pictures, or is the only
solution to take an actual central picture reference
each time?