[ptx] Building hugin on Mac OS X 10.3

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Jun 1 18:14:31 BST 2004

On Mon 31-May-2004 at 15:59 +0100, Ippei UKAI wrote:

> I'm very interested in, and googled "hugin on mac OS X" and found
> http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/ptx/2004-February/001375.html
> Even though it is written for version 10.1, I proceed most of the
> process with 10.3.

This might be more successful than 10.1.

> The app starts up, displays the main window, and error message.
> Here is the screenshot
> http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/temp/hugin1.pdf

I got past this error when I changed these two lines in
src/hugin/huginApp.cpp:

     DEBUG_ERROR("don't know how to find the temp dir on mac");
     m_workDir = "";

..so they looked like this:

     //DEBUG_ERROR("don't know how to find the temp dir on mac");
     m_workDir = "/tmp";

> By the way, anyone tried to build hugin with wx-gtk from fink?
> I think it is easier. (I am just following the instruction above)

Would this involve installing all of XFree86 and gtk?  This might
actually work better than trying to run it as a native mac
application.

--
Bruno