[ptx] problem when selecting control points (by hand)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Tue Jul 27 18:38:24 BST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin wrote:

Your problem of the 100% cpu usage is probably because the preview window
is updated to frequently in the current release.

Probably I should check and only update the preview, if an image parameter
has changed. currently it is also updated when a control point is changed.

If you uncheck/unmark the "auto update" button in the preview window,
everything should run smoothly.

> 1)
> I'm having a recurrent problem when selecting control points by hand for CVS
> version from the beginning of july till the last version I have (yesterday)
> so I think I can speak about that.
> When I'm choosing a reference control points (with auto fine tune and auto
> estimate ticked off),

It should be possible to choose without turning them of. (at least for the
first reference points.

> it zoom to 100% (which is OK) but very often moves to
> the zone of the preceding pair of points which is not expected.
>
> It's a bit confusing because it does not occurs always... and it seems to
> happens more frequently when there are more photos to stich or maybe if
> photos ordered from right to left rather than left to right (?)

Hmm, strange... Actually it probably doesn't work to well for rotated, or
fisheye images, because it only estimates a image shift in x and y.