[ptx] Bug in Hugin for many images

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Mon Jul 19 15:59:49 BST 2004

I'm always having trouble with my email - sorry if this one reaches the list
twice :-(

Mathieu,
sound's like a problem of too much overlap to me:

>I have the following messages:
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>ERROR: 10:24:24.714323 (../include/PT/PTOptimise.h:132) discover_vertex():
image 0: no optimized neighbour images
>ERROR: 10:24:37.260161 (PanoPanel.cpp:588) DoStitch(): Error during
stitching:
>Precondition violation!
>basicImage::upperLeft(): image must have non-zero size.
>(/usr/include/vigra/basicimage.hxx:611)
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>or
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>ERROR: 11:09:46.123304 (../include/PT/PTOptimise.h:132) discover_vertex():
image 0: no optimized neighbour images
>ERROR: 11:10:06.985171 (PanoPanel.cpp:588) DoStitch(): Error during
stitching: St9bad_alloc
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a lot of images with a lot of overlap? So it can happen, that
under certain conditions an image becomes completely obsolete!!! It has a
dimension of zero or is not created or so. However - nona has a problem with
such a zero size image (division by zero or so).

It also understandable why that happens for the same set of images only in
rectlinear mode while equirectlinear works:
Images are hardly stretched in rectlinear mode for large yaw values - much
more than in other projection modes. So it's much more likely that an images
becomes obsolet in rectlinear mode than in the other modes.

Can you verify with the preview that image 0 is the one that becomes
obsolete? Quit unusable that image 0 is the one, but maybe the sequence you
added the images has nothing to do with the stitching arrangment?!

best, mike