[ptx] hugin: win binary

Pablo dAngelo Pablo.dAngelo at web.de
Thu Jul 1 10:35:28 BST 2004

Marcel Lancelle <marcel.lancelle at hitlabnz.org> schrieb am 01.07.04 11:04:02:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to run Hugin for the first time - the current snapshot
> (01-07-2004) doesn't seem to include the executable of hugin? (or am I
> too dumb to start the right program?)

Sorry, started the windows compilation and upload late at night, before going to bed. unfortunately I don't have access to the sf site right now, so I can't remove the faulty build at the moment. Try the last build without _EXPERIMENTAL

> Another question: my digital camera has certainly some kind of spherical
> lens distortion. Years ago I used Tsai's camera calibration functions to
> correct this type of distortion. Using EXIF information it could be easy
> so set up an automatic calibration by just photographing the calibration
> pattern with different zoom settings and running some program to
> retreive the information that can be automatically used afterwards also
> using the EXIF data (or isn't this nessecary anyway because already done
> by some algorithms of panotools?).

There is no automatic calibration plate finder, but the optimizer can be used to estimate the radial distortion coefficients (a,b,c), for example by using a test panorama.

However, I find that  most of the time I use just one zoom setting, so I don't need to interpolate the coefficents for different zoom settings.

PTLens contains already calibrated lenses at different focal lengths and also a little tutorial on lens calibration with panotools:

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

Unfortunately, not integrated in hugin yet.