[ptx] Registration testcases

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Jan 19 22:28:16 GMT 2004

Hi!

I've put a few panoramas online, complete with source images.

http://wurm.wh-wurm.uni-ulm.de/~redman/gallery/pano_testcases

It contains a simple 4 pictures pano, a 24 pic half spherical pano
taken from the 161 m high church tower of Ulm (the town where I live).
Its really worth watching it with the native PTViewer 0.4 or FSPViewer. :)

There is also one  pano with very similar structures, on which the simple
panosifter matching algorithm fails, and a difficult single row 360°, with
many moving people and changing illumination. (there is one overlap where it
is hard to pick control points, even by hand...)

I hope we can use this set of images to compare different registration
techniques. If you have other panos that pose difficulties not covered by
the images here, please let me know and I'll add them to the site.

Hmm, maybe the pure amount of images is a problem for some implementations..
anyway, just use scale down the images, or do partial panos then :)

Btw. I know that most of the panos will probably have been shot more
carefully than the images presented here.. luckily we have the possibility
to change stuff by hand :) (which was not done for the panosifter tests on
this gallery).

Btw. feel free to uses other programs on these panos as well, I'd like to
see how good or bad our results are.