[ptx] mac os x

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri Jan 2 15:14:39 GMT 2004

On Fri 02-Jan-2004 at 02:49:44PM +0100, Sébastien Noir wrote:

> Is there someone out there that also trie to build panotools and Hugin
> to work on OS X?

I still haven't managed it, this is as far as I've got:

-  libtiff, libpng and libjpeg are easy to install via fink.

-  wxmac builds easily:

   ./configure; make; sudo make install
   cd contrib/src/xrc
   make; sudo make install

-  vigra installs eventually, there is some problem with libpng, so
   I built it without:

   ./configure --build=powerpc --with-tiff=/sw \
     --with-jpeg=/sw --without-png --without-fftw
   make; sudo make install

-  pano12 is the problem, the linux Makefile can be tweaked to match
   the osx include paths and I can build a libpano12.dylib after
   editing panorama.h and forcing an 'ansi' build, but I can't link
   against this file:

   ld: libpano12.dylib is input for the dynamic link editor, is not relocatable by the static link editor again

   Somebody with some mac experience is needed here.

--
Bruno